I feel Slovenia HIGHLANDER Hercules Julian Alps is a challenge that requires preparation but you don’t need to be an experienced mountaineer. You need to be in good physical condition, and used to hiking.
- Technically, the route is marked as easy, but it is necessary to be in good condition and to be used to hiking. In the second stage, some wedges are placed on the shorter part to make crossing easier, which can cause problems especially for dogs. It is not a precipitous slope and larger dogs pass it a few meters below the track, which is reinforced with wedges (this has been the experience of the last two years).
- The route for the HIGHLANDER Hercules has been partially changed in 2024, this way there is no section protected by wedges and steel wire on the first day, as it was in 2023. The first stage in 2024 is therefore technically less demanding.
- Hercules starts in Bohinj. We will head towards hidden beauty; Baška grapa and Podbrdo. From starting in the alpine climate we will slowly enter sub-mediterranean climate and you will feel the difference.
- We will pass the lively town of Tolmin, visit picturesque village of Livek and pass the Napoleon bridge to finish in Kobarid. But it is not just about hiking, there is something more for each of you.
- We will be able to learn about geology and history by passing open-air museums with trenches, where Soča battle (one of the biggest battlefields in 1st WW) was held, there will be yoga and meditation classes and interesting storytelling at the evenings. After arriving to Kobarid, you will cross emerald Soča river and arrive to the finishline!
The route for HIGHLANDER Pegasus has been partially changed in year 2024, especially the first stage (first day), which starts in Bohinj and ends in Podbrdo. The first stage in 2024 is the same as in 2023, however shorter and technically less demanding than in 2022.
- HIGHLANDER Pegasus starts in Bohinjska Bistica and heads towards Vrh Bače and Podbrdo.
- From starting in the alpine climate we will slowly enter sub-mediterranean climate and you will feel the difference.
- We will finish on the banks of Soča river in Most na Soči where you can refresh yourself in the emerald Soča river.