The perfect format for those who can take up the challenge of 101 miles and 18,000ft of elevation in 5 days. Reserved to expert hikers only. You will hike your way around Big Bear Lake, visiting all the highest Peaks and the deepest creeks. The terrain’s toughness will leave you breathless and the views will take your breath away.
- Starting in Bear Mountain resort, climbing to the Skyline trail before dropping into the infamous Siberian Creek. Your adventure will take you to all the landmarks on the Hercules format and many more.
- Butler Peak, Craft Peak, Siberian Creek, Gold Mountain, Deadman ridge and the iconic Sugar Loaf (10,000ft) will have to be conquered. Be ready to hike approx. 20 miles per day.
- Every night you will be sharing the same camp with other participants.
The route includes approximately 10,673 feet of ascent throughout the breathtaking San Bernardino National Forest. With the historical site of Double Mine, Wild Burro Territory, the trail will leave you full of memories of beautiful nature and heritage.
- Start with getting to know Snow Valley Mountain and continue the adventure to the top of Keller Peak, where the top view overlooking the mountains and lakes will leave you speechless.
- The next few days will take you from Little Green Valley - the greenest section of your journey to the most desertic section - Cactus Flat.
- Finish HIGHLANDER Hercules at Bear Mountain or take up an extra challenge by going up and down Sugarloaf Mountain if you want to.
The route includes approximately 5,387 feet of ascent throughout the breathtaking San Bernardino National Forest.
- The route will wind past some of the iconic locations in the Big Bear Lake area. Explore the nature and wildlife of Gold Mountain and see the historical site Double Mine.
- The trail will lead you through the desert section to the top of Deadman ridge overlooking three beautiful lakes. Continuing your journey, be mindful of the wild donkeys living on Wild Burro Territory your trail passes.
- Finish your backpacking journey at Bear Mountain or hike on Sugarloaf Mountain before finishing your Adventure of a Lifetime.
Leave the last leg for relaxation or take up one last challenge and finish the entire adventure up and down Sugarloaf Mountain.
- The route will wind past some of the iconic locations in the Big Bear Lake area.
Indulge your senses by immersing in the nature and wildlife of Wild Burro Territory, home of wild donkeys, and backpacking to Erwin Lake.
- Follow Green Canyon Road, surpass Wildhorse Meadow Road towards Sand Canyon Road, and finish.