LEARN ABOUT ALLHIGHLANDER FORMATS
HIGHLANDER Hercules got its name after the Roman mythological hero adapted from the Greek hero Heracles. It is also the second-largest northern constellation and is simultaneously the longest HIGHLANDER route that spans over 5 days.
HIGHLANDER Hercules starts by North Lake Tahoe and through approximately 60 miles takes you to the mountain peaks of Sierra Nevada, with vistas overlooking Lake Tahoe. Since the backpacking journey allows you to see the lake from a different perspective, it also puts a different outlook on your everyday life and the troubles you overcome in it and at the event.
SAVE THE DATE
10/03 – 10/07/2023
The second-largest format is named after a constellation in the northern sky, named after the winged horse Pegasus in Greek mythology. It is easily recognisable because it is dominated by a prominent asterism known as the Great Square.
Escape the modern world and experience approximately 30 miles of the Sierra Nevada, home to the tree with the highest volume in the world, the largest remaining grove of sequoia trees in the world, and home to the same National Park that was the first ever government-protected land for its beauty.
SAVE THE DATE
10/05 – 10/07/2023
- Food packages (including cooked meals, backpacking food, ready-to-eat food and easy to prepare food) and water at campgrounds
- HIGHLANDER Ranger on campgrounds
- Camping Gas Cartridge
- HIGHLANDER ID – detailed itinerary showing checkpoint (with dedicated checkpoint stamp areas)
- HIGHLANDER Maps – detailed maps of the route
- Hiker tag, Luggage tag, and other Kit items
- HIGHLANDER Merino wool bandana
- HIGHLANDER Pin
- HIGHLANDER Patch
- HIGHLANDER Certificate
- Educational and leisure activities
- Infrastructure provided at the start, finish, checkpoints, and along the route
- All necessary permits
- Participant Insurance covered by Spot Injury Insurance