LEARN ABOUT ALL HIGHLANDER FORMATS
HIGHLANDER Hercules got its name after the Roman mythological hero adapted from the Greek hero Heracles. It is also the second-largest northern constellation and is simultaneously the longest HIGHLANDER route that spans over 5 days.
Start your backpacking adventure in the valley floor then summit mountains and alpine meadows and lush forests to reach a beautiful mountain lake. Immerse yourself in the ultimate exploration of the approximately 60 miles of wilderness surrounding Kalispell features western larch, fir, and pine forests along with colorful aspen, mountain ash, and the wild huckleberry.
SAVE THE DATE
09/19 - 09/23/2023
The second-largest format is named after a constellation in the northern sky, named after the winged horse Pegasus in Greek mythology. It is easily recognisable because it is dominated by a prominent asterism known as the Great Square.
During your three days and two nights under the stars, Kalispell will offer you an approximately 30 mile long Adventure of a Lifetime as the first Kalispell HIGHLANDERs.
SAVE THE DATE
09/21 - 09/23/2023
- Food packages (including cooked meals, backpacking food, ready-to-eat food and easy to prepare food) and water at campgrounds
- HIGHLANDER Ranger on campgrounds
- Camping Gas Cartridge
- HIGHLANDER ID – detailed itinerary showing checkpoint (with dedicated checkpoint stamp areas)
- HIGHLANDER Maps – detailed maps of the route
- Hiker tag, Luggage tag, and other Kit items
- HIGHLANDER Merino wool bandana
- HIGHLANDER Pin
- HIGHLANDER Patch
- HIGHLANDER Certificate
- Educational and leisure activities
- Infrastructure provided at the start, finish, checkpoints, and along the route
- All necessary permits
- Participant Insurance covered by Spot Injury Insurance